Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a wifi lap top and it will not accept my password

Customer Question

I have a wifi lap top and it will not accept my password ***** purchased the laptop 28/07/2016 from London Drug's Model D540SA-DS01
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: I'm Dumb, I live in a senior residence and use what ever they have via wifi it worked well until I tried to use it to-day there is a code given to me to start.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: when I turned the machine on to-day I put in my password ***** kept getting wrong pass word, try again, that's it
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Computer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: I must leave stat, is there a shop here in Lethbridge AB Canada
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Can you tell me please what version of Windows you are using, and when do you first see the password *****? Do you see it after the Windows splash screen or right after you start the computer?