Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Oh gosh - so frustrated. When I try to access my

Customer Question

oh gosh - so frustrated. When I try to access my email, I get a msg saying 502 Error Bad Gateway.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Comcast is our internet service provider. The email is with Yahoo
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what do you NEED to know. My computer is infected with the Locky ransom virus and has encrypted thousands of files.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Have you tried to access your account from a different computer?

Expert:  david replied 14 hours ago.

I would be glad to help. This error usually means that the server hosting the website is overloaded or unable to accept new connections. But it can also mean that DNS server is not configured correctly. Here are a few things you can try to connect to Yahoo.

1. Try accessing Yahoo using a different URL: OR OR (then click on the Mail link)

2. Try using a different web browser. You can download Chrome or Firefox using the links below:

3. If it is a DNS issue coming from your computer's DNS settings and not your browser, try using a different computer on your home network.

4. If the DNS issue is with your ISP, try accessing Yahoo from a mobile device while using mobile data, instead of Wifi, or try accessing Yahoo via public Wifi at a coffee shop or Restaurant

Let me know which of these steps were able to get you into Yahoo Mail, and then I can help you fix the issue with your original device setup.