Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Nothing. I want to terminate my Yahoo account, but can't

Customer Question

Nothing. I want to terminate my Yahoo account, but can't remember my password ***** it seems impossible to do, Can you help?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: I forgot the password. How can I terminate the account when they require a password ***** terminate the account. So it's NOT an issue with YAHOO as much as it is an issue with my memory.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: This has nothing to do with my problem
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know how to terminate a YAHOO account when the user has forgotten the password. Plain and simple.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

Hey, I'm Tim....if you simply do not know the password, and do not log in, they will delete the account in 6 months from inactivity.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I want the account deleted so if people try to contact me they don't think they are actually getting through.
Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

That is it, point blank, with no password, don't try logging on, and they will deem it abandoned, other than that you need a court subpoena for security issues,

Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

well, with not password ***** delete it, and no alteration email address given, or cell for recovery, you need to find a lawyer. Or wait 6 months from last log in. I'm sorry that sucks to hear, but My job is to give no BS answers.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

makes more sense to email all your friends and give then your new email, and let this one die.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they have another email for me and my cell for recovery
Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

it sucks, but that's how it works, best to just let it sit....

Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

Ok, then use that to recover your account and delete it, or have it forward messages to the new address.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

if you do not know how to do it, I cn give it ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If you can delete the account, great. If you get the emails forwarded, I'm not interested.
Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

I need to be able to log in to know.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 days ago.

see if we can get the password ***** via your other email account or cell - you said its there, so it should be doable. Other wise, i'm more than happy to let another expert assist you.