Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Trouble with google app on iphone, my new stories no longer

Customer Question

trouble with google app on iphone
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: my new stories no longer appear on the google app
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: ios 10
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
on my iphone with the google app, i used to have a "news stories" cards that appeared in the google app. I am logged in to google account on the phone, i have location services on, and i have google now on.currently, all i get when i open the google app is:"updates for you" and "upcoming cards" but no news stories"upcoming" cards
"updates for you" card

Before we start any troubleshooting, what is your model of iphone (version)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
iphone 6 ios 10.0.2

Okay. Sign out of your google acct.

When you go into your settings and your 'apps'

do you see the google app there?

You can try to force stop it from there. turn off and restart your phone, then open the google app again from

your icons and scroll down to see if there are news stories again. We will try this first.

(ensure you are logged in again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will try this stand by
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
trouble there was no change I removed my account i restarted the phone I launched google app i signed in ...... BUT, no change and the news cards still do not load

Others are having this issue as well. Some were able to get their feed back by turning off their location.

I turned off Location Services, Stories to Read did reappear. But that costs you location in Google Now, apps etc.

You may have to turn it off and on depending on what you want. This was an actual bug issue a few months ago.

Your cards should work this way:

Google Cards is an easy way to be notified about upcoming events on your device. If Google Now not showing cards, or you need to disable / enable some cards, do as follows:

1. Open Google Search to see your cards

2. Press Menu Button, and tap Settings

3. First make sure "Google Now" is enabled and tap on it to manage cards (Tap the text)

4. Now you should see list of all cards and a toggle button to turn it off or on

5. Scroll through the items enable / disable cards

Another fix that has worked for some iphones:

Go into settings, now cards, and delete card preferences, pop up says this will delete across all you devices, hit ok. Now cards gone from phone. Back to google search and set up again. All cards back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
stand by
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did all the steps except for the one descriobed as: "Go into settings, now cards, and delete card preferences, pop up says this will delete across all you devices, hit ok. " ( ias not able to find a "delete card preferences" command

Is it still not updating your news?

Try this again for me:

1. Open the Google app .
  2. At the top left, tap your profile imageGoogle Now.
  3. Next to "Now," turn the switch on or off.
  4. Tap Done.

Then:

1. Close the Google app.
  2. Open the Settings app Notifications.
  3. Scroll down, then tap the Google app Notifications.
  4. Turn on "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on Lock Screen."
  5. Under "Alert style when unlocked," tap Banners.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok stand by
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
trouble no mews cards no change despite doing the baove
  • Go to the Gadget in the top left corner > Privacy > Browsing > and Clear your history and third party cookies?
  • Could you please log into your main account > Click the gadget in the top left corner >Go to Google Now > Gmail > Switch it to "Off" wait, and then turn it back on.
    • While you're in there, you may also want to check to make sure that all of your desired cards are turned on

This is what google leaves on their boards for this issue, with location turned on:

Open your Location History Dashboard and check whether there’s any message about lack of data of your location history. If it’s showing a message at your side then you’re out of luck for at-least now. Give it some time, travel more and Google Now cards should start showing up as advertised in videos and reviews in some time.

This is for iphone. If this doesnt work for you, i will open it up for another expert to review so you can get another solution

that will help resolve your issue. My only concern is that your issue gets fixed and the attention it deserves.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i tried this....it did not work....please escalate to another expert....thanks !

Doing so now. Good luck and have a great day!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello new tech support specialist what do you think needs to be done