Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Bear with me. I am not computer language literate. I have

Customer Question

Bear with me. I am not computer language literate. I have refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad laptop. It came with Vista Professional software. I was always satisfied. Computer became infected with viruses and when a technician cleaned that up he installed Windows 7 Home Version and also tried to reset computer to factory settings using the software discs that came with my computer. For some reason he only used the 2nd and 3rd disc and not the 1st disc. !? Now I am wondering if I can send this laptop to Lenovo and have it cleaned up and reset to how it was when I first bought it, Vista Professional, fingertip "mouse", etc. and anything else I am now missing because of the technicians incompetence. Also, I am not interested in Windows 10 ! Thank You. Sincerely, ***** ***** Tolbert
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your ThinkPad?
Customer: Where do I find the answer to your question?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only Norton updates and scans 40 minutes ago.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Beats me. I am a fish out of water here. lol But where do I find the info you asked for regarding the model of my laptop?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

If you have documents that you want saved, back them up with anything else that needs saved.

You can then press F11 on startup repeatedly which will get you into the recovery menu screen, from here we can restore it to factory default and it will appear as if it was brand new out of the box.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you first explain to me what exactly will be happening in this "recovery" action? When I first bought this laptop it was ordered online and came ready to use except for Norton Security. What does "factory default" mean? Will I then have to buy software for the computer such as Vista Professional, etc. And what happens to my Norton Security that I have on here?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there ????
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Everything would be wiped and reloaded as if it were preloaded by Lenovo.

Did you purchase it straight from Lenovo or something like ebay?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought it online from Lenovo.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
never mind. I have just changed my mind.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

ok