Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

How can you detect if there is a Zeus virus in my PC? I

Customer Question

How can you detect if there is a Zeus virus in my PC? I opened a "FREE MOVIES" link and I had warnings that Zeus virus got access to my PC and to call Microsoft Tech Support. I called the number and the person tried to sell me software to protect my IP against hackers. It sounded like a scam. They got access of my PC but I restored my Windows 8 to an earlier version and now I want to check if I really have any virus on my PC. I have an McAffee antivirus but I am not sure that is good enough to detect any potential trojan type viruses. Please advise. Thanks.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 7 days ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

It looks like your browser was simply hijacked by a rogue webpage that showed up this fake alert about the ZEUS virus/malware; these types of alerts are generally sent out by malicious third-party "services" in order to trick the user into paying and allowing them remote access to their PCs. They are NOT affiliated with Microsoft/Windows in any way. So it's good that you took immediate preventative measures, i.e. by doing a system restore to roll back any changes they might have done to your system during the remote session, along with carrying out a scan using SuperAntiSpyware as well.

Now, in order to make absolutely sure that your system is free from any type of malware or other threats, please download the free 30-day trial for Hitman Pro using the following link:

You will be automatically prompted to download a "hitmanpro" file - open/run the file and follow the on-screen prompts to carry out a one-time scan using the program. After it's done scanning, select the option to activate the FREE 30-day trial when prompted, and allow it to clean out the security threats detected. Done that, restart your computer and you should be good to go.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 7 days ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; if you have any further questions or concerns, do reply back to me using the Reply box below, and I'll continue to assist further.