Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have a samsung tablet and ever since my main computer in

Customer Question

i have a samsung tablet and ever since my main computer in my home crashed, when I try to google some thing it just goes back to the page with all the options on it. and i get an error message that says "Chrome failed during startup with an unexpected error."
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this issue occurring on your Samsung tablet?

What's the model of your Samsung tablet? Is it an Android tablet? or a Windows tablet?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your device for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, and if you have an Android tablet, then please try the following fix:

1. Open Settings app icon
  2. Then select option Applications (or APPS)
  3. Then select option Application manager.
  4. If needed, select option ALL (apps.)
  5. Then scroll down, then select the item Chrome.
  6. The tap on option Force Stop, and confirm.
  7. Tap on option Clear Data and confirm.
    ; (If needed, you may need to select option Storage first, then option Manage store, then Clear all data there.)
  8. Open Chrome app / program and check. It should work fine now.

- If you have a Windows tablet, please try this: In Chrome, click on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon at the upper right corner, then click on Settings. Then scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings... if shown. Then scroll down to the bottom again, then click on option Reset settings, then click on Reset. Then wait a bit and check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,