Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a box on my screen which is asking for my system

Customer Question

I have a box on my screen which is asking for my system password. I don't recall this and I have never used a password ***** get into my computer. Can you advise me what I can do as I am stuck making wild guesses as to what my password ***** be. ???Please advise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Be careful... it might be a 'phishing scam', and be trying to steal your password.

What is the FULL and EXACT text shown on the prompt box or box that is asking for your 'System' password ?

And please note: 'System' password ***** ***** odd phraseology. Do not enter anything in that box just yet! you should observe considerable caution.