Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I believe the fan has died and I am getting constant blue

Customer Question

I believe the fan has died and I am getting constant blue screens. I need a service manual for it so I can replace the fan if needed.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I am a computer technician and have years of experience but I know how compact these laptops are and would like to have the service manual before I open it up. Where can I get one?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: That is irrelevant. I need the service manual. Where can I download one for this K55A?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

What is the model and brand of your computer please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just saw in my email that I am being charged $35 dollars for this. No where did anything say there would be a further charge of $30 on top of the $5 I was told. Is this true? It is an Asus k55a laptop
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do you know where I can get the K55A service manual or not? That is all I was asking.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Yes, give me one minutes please i will also send you a tutorial video on how to change the fan

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was asking for the service manual. I did not want a video. I need the manual for this laptop.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

let me know if you need any other questions?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All that is, is a users manual that I already have.. It has nothing about servicing.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

This is the official manual from ASUS website, If you want to replace the fan you may need a tutorial video or to take your laptop in a repair shop.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you have that Video? is it just for the fan or is it for servicing the entire machine?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Please take a look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeixs7PZkog

let me know if you need any further assistance and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is not very helpful It looks like much of the text of it is in foreign and I get no audio. I will contact your people about a refund for this session as that does not really help much. Thank you anyway.