Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

I just bought my first laptop, its a dell inspirion. It

Customer Question

I just bought my first laptop, its a dell inspirion. It seems ok, I have 60 days to see if I like it. I am new to all this tech stuff and was wondering if you think any one brand is way better than another. I want to organize my life with my computer. Learn, take a class, print pictures. Do work stuff and resumes I want it to be kinda cool and any features that make learning easier. Say apple versus the others including the surface. I think I am interested in something that would seem professional but perfect for my whole life. Whats looking good these days while being user friendly and with outstanding quality.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Dell is a good brand, but as with any brand some models are great and others not so.

Can you tell me the brand of the inspirion you have please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Dell 17.3" AMD 12GB/1TB Laptop silver
I am new to computers and turned this one off without it going through and asking me all these questions and intro stuff. I noticed that even though it was plugged in the battery was worn down. The computer came with no directions and I think I might have interrupted the intro part. I have to dig and see about calling Dell tech support, but I was hoping you could still give me your expertise advice. Is there a better cooler easier everything kinda laptop?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I also bought a $70 cannon wireless copy, scan fax and have not taken it out of the box yet. I have read that other brand printers are a better deal because cannon ink cartridges rarely go on sale. I have heard that cannon printers for papers is a rip off because of the price of ink, but that cannon is worth it for pictures. My printer is: Cannon bundle pixma MX922 Wise All In One Printer. Is this a good start for me being new to computers but wanting to catch on and have good quality? I want to have good equipment to take classes, resumes, pictures, organize personal life, music. I want it to be for fun but easily work as well. After its plugged in and all the intros are run I would imagine the battery life would improve, correct?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Hi there

It is actually a very good Laptop, and they never come fully charged, so that is expected.

What I advise is you reinstall it all again, to do this, click on start, Settings, Update and Security, Recovery.

Then choose Get Started under Reset MY PC.

Once done, follow the steps to delete all data and reset the PC and you can set it up again like new,.

But this is a very good computer.