Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

The computer I'm using is not the one with the problem. With

Customer Question

The computer I'm using is not the one with the problem. With my Asus laptop, running Windows 7 and Office 2010, when I stop typing and resume and hit Enter at the end of a paragraph, all the text I have added is deleted back to the original insertion point. Also, if I attempt to backspace while typing, all the new text is deleted. This happens in e-mail as well as Word. I may have cured this by resetting a feature, literally amny years ago. However, I can't remember details, nor have I been able to find a fix in a Windows 7 guidebook.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there an welcome

Can you please go to my link below, go down the page and click download

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/822005

Run the file that is downloaded to your computer which will do a reset (this does not effect your data).

Once done, restart and tell me please how it now operates.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.