Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

The icons and screen suddenly became very enlarged and I

Customer Question

The icons and screen suddenly became very enlarged and I don' t know how to get it back to its original size.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Gateway desk top pc
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I did for one of my anti- virus program and also my Window 10
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thee was also a message saying that I am missing an AMD driver which I am sure what that is.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

What's the model of your Gateway desktop PC computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Please check the label(s) at the back (or sides) of your Gateway computer for the model of it.

Please go to Device Manager (right-click on the Start button, then click on Control Panel, then click on System and security -> System, then click on Device Manager on the left.)

- Then double-click on the item Display adapters in order to open / expand it, then right-click on the display / graphics item below it, then select the option Update Driver Software..., and continue and check.

- If needed, go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display -> Adjust resolution, then increase the Resolution numbers to the maximum, then click on Apply / OK at bottom and check. If needed, test with other resolution numbers.

- If needed, go to the AMD website below:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

, then there, download and install the AMD Driver Autodetect tool in order to update the display / graphics driver on your computer, then check.

Please let me know if you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else. If needed, please let me know the model of your Gateway Desktop PC, which you can check at the Gateway website below:

http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/drivers-downloads

- There, if needed, you can also download / update the VGA (display) driver.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? If you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit.

Thank you very much,