Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I was searching the web my toshiba lap top. Serial 8F089415P

Customer Question

I was searching the web my toshiba lap top. Serial 8F089415P and all sudden it started beeping loud and for a long time and still is. It says a serious malfucntion has been detected with Window 10 and call a Microsoft service tech at(###) ###-#### Closing the browser has been disabled. Do not shut downor restart computer. What do I do. I need to close because it's driving me crazy.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake message; it is a scam, so do not follow any instruction in it. Can you please shut down / restart the computer, and check?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, after shutting down / restarting the computer, open internet, then close it quickly when it's open, then re-open it and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this web page.

- If it does not let you shut down / restart the computer, then press and hold the power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- If needed, after shutting down / restarting the computer, open internet, then close it quickly when it's open, then re-open it and check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,