Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Can you help me? Lenovo, no i cant boot windows, i cant

Customer Question

hey can you help me ?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Lenovo
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no i cant boot windows
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i cant flash bios that why i cant install windows ubuntu works ok if you have any idea ..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

What is happening when you try to boot windows? Black screen? Error messages?

Regards

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when i put USB bootable of win 7 , setup is loading .. then when install it says it couldnt find any driver , i thought its about USB 3.0 , i used then USB 2.0 , but still same problem .. then i created a virtual box in UBUNTU GNOME , to try install win7 there .. still error " You cant install virtualisation , check BIOS settings " .
The problem is that i deleted i think the reserved partition , i cant FLASH BIOS anymore when i restart .. only can choose boot order , but i dont have any BIOS setting in my GRUB loader ..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is from BIOS because i cant access it anymore , i went to LENOVO site to access drivers for laptop B41 like BIOS update , but everything must be loaded under Windows environment .. i ve made bootable stick with DOS to try to update BIOS via DOS , but still i failed .. if you have any idea that would be great .. the problem is somehwere that i changed in BIOS settings the Legacy bootable and now it doesnt boot anymore
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

Can you boot into the BIOS?

Were was the Linux VM created as you said you could not get into Windows?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No . I cant boot to BIOS ... only enters direct to Ubuntu , i need to restore my BIOS settings so i can flash it again.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

So you have Windows and Ubuntu dual booted?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
lol , are you retarded ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i m writing you all info and all you can say .. its that ???????????????????? WTF
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MY PROBLEM IS THAT I CANT FLASH BIOS !!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

You said the following. No mention of BIOS problems:

"So.. when i put USB bootable of win 7 , setup is loading .. then when install it says it couldnt find any driver , i thought its about USB 3.0 , i used then USB 2.0 , but still same problem .. then i created a virtual box in UBUNTU GNOME , to try install win7 there .. still error " You cant install virtualisation , check BIOS settings " . "

Please tell me:

1. What operating system(s) you currently have installed If any
  2. What happens when you try to get into the BIOS. At what point does it fail?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1. UBUNTU - GNOME
2. I cant ENTER to BIOS , i used to enter via F12 --> Grub Loader and select ADVANCED SETTINGS , now i dont have any option to select to go to bios settings.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

You should not go in via GRUB. You need to go directly into the bios not through the kernel.

Are you on a hard-drive or laptop?

What the PC model?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Lenovo B41 laptop, when i restart it appears LENOVO logo , and then even if i press F12 or F2 or every other key it wont direct me to flash BIOS.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

Can you press the FN key when this is happening?