Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I keep losing my favorites in Windows 10 when an update to

I keep losing my favorites in Windows 10 when an update to Windows 10 is received. How do I prevent this from happening? How can I recover my favorites in Windows 10 when this occurs?

Hi there and welcome

In which web browser are you doing this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 10.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 10, Microsoft Edge.

Thanks

The problem is this does not ever store a backup off your bookmarks, and it is one of the reasons people are moving away from Edge.

When they are removed they cannot be recovered.

What I advise on is to download Google Chrome from my link below

www.google.com/chrome

Install it

Once installed, click on the three dots in the top right and click on settings.

Click on Sign in and sign in with a Gmail account. If you do not have one, you can make one free here

https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail?hl=en

Once signed in, all bookmarks in Chrome will be syned to your account so you cannot lose them ever.

Then to import the booksmarks you already have in Edge, click on the three dots in the top right of chrome and click on Bookmarks, import bookmarks and settings and choose Edge

Once imported, they are in Chrome and online.

You would then use Chrome in place of Edge from now on, which is actually better as it is a more secure and faster web browser.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks very much Richard, I understand your advice and it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the great service, I will let you know of any further questions.

your most welcome

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you