Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

It was powered off-I let the battery run out--have charged

Customer Question

it was powered off-I let the battery run out--have charged it but it won't show me the sign in screen
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: just displays day and time on a pretty background
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have not turned it on in 10 days--before then it was doing a lot of automatic updates on its own
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I love my computer? haha
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

In order to bring up the Windows logon screen from the screen you are seeing now, you just need to HOLD down your cursor anywhere and then drag it UP quickly to get rid of this screensaver screen. This should do it.

Do keep me posted on the results. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that is not working seriously. hi!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Hi again, let's continue troubleshooting further :) Is it still at the screensaver screen now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my office friend just got back from lunch
he managed to power it off and now it is coming back online
I do not love my computer any longer
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.

Haha! Well, when your computer is stuck at the logon screen for a couple of minutes without any activity, it automatically shows up this screensaver screen (with the picture.) To get out this screen in the future, you may just press and hold your cursor somewhere and drag it to the top/right to get rid of it. Alternatively yes, a force shutdown and restart would work as well :) Thank you.