Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

It takes forever to boot up, Lenovo G50, It seems to be

Customer Question

It takes forever to boot up
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Lenovo G50
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It seems to be updating something all the time
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm really disappointed with it's performance since I bought it but I'm hoping it's a setup thing
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Please tell me if Windows 10 is installed on your computer or another Windows version?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows 10 is installed
This PC has never worked efficiently since I purchased it
It may be still under warranty, are you able to tell, I'm annoyed that I have to pay to have someone look at a new PC because its slow and cumber some
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry for the issue. Your options are to either have it replaced if it is still under warranty, or pay a technician such as myself to help you get it fixed.

If you want to continue, I can suggest you what to do in order to get it up and running.

Let me know what you would prefer.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've submitted a payment via paypal and it's asked me to continue to pay you on a monthly basis, I don't want to pay a monthly subscription, I just want it analysed and fixed now. Can you see if my Paypal transaction was submitted?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Yes, the deposit has been successfully paid. Regarding the monthly subscription, you can turn it Off or On by clicking on this link:

https://secure.justanswer.com/account/edit-subscription.aspx

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Now, let's solve the problem you are experiencing:

First, please tell me if the boot process reaches the Windows logon screen where you need to select your account and type the password?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it does eventually, it can sometimes take 3-4 minutes to boot up and this PC is only about 12 months old
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how long is this going to take?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the update!

It seems there is a problem with the current Windows installation. There is a way to refresh it which will automatically re-install Windows. You can choose to have the private files saved (if any) or have the entire contents deleted.

If you would like to proceed with the refresh, I can provide the instructions for you to follow. The refresh process usually takes about 30 minutes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Miro, I don't have all day, I'd like to cancel this request and get a refund please, how do I do that?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is just taking too long
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

As I mentioned, the refresh process takes about 30 minutes, not all day.

If you want me to provide the instructions for refreshing Windows 10, let me know; otherwise, we can cancel this request.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I cancel the request do I get a full refund?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Yes.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

You can cancel, but I thought you came here for assistance. I am confused.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did but I've had a call from work and I need to get to somewhere in a hurry, and this its taking longer than I anticipated
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

No problem. Writing the instructions takes time. If you are free at some other time, for example tomorrow, we can continue then.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If time permits I'll be back on in the morning, you seem to know what you are talking about but in the interim, I'd like the full amount refunded, can you arrange that?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

If you request a full refund now, you won't be able to get back to this page since it would be locked, so if you plan to come back tomorrow, you don't need to request a refund.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't guarantee I'll be able to come back to this page tomorrow due to work commitments but I will save the website in my favourites and come back when time permits
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can you arrange the refund?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

This page will always be active for you, so you can come back here anytime and send me a message. I will be notified and will reply to you as soon as possible; however, if you would rather want to cancel this request and have the money refunded, you can request it on this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Regards,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Miro, I'm just going around in circles here, it's not very user friendly
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

I will transfer your request for a full refund to the JustAnswer customer service, so you don't need to click on the link I sent you.

You will be notified about the status of the refund by a customer service representative.

Regards,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Miro, I appreciate your help
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

No problem! :)