Andrew James
Andrew James, Senior Systems Engineer
Experience:  RedHat certified. Ansible & Salt Ninja. Professional background running the automation platform for a major internet firm
96365785

The issue is with my Iphone. Are you the right person to

Customer Question

the issue is with my Iphone. Are you the right person to help? I have lost my password ***** cannot activate my phone
JA: I hope not. When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Probably when I first bought my phone 1 year ago. The phone was dormant for 5 to 6 months and now we cannot activate it.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only thing that was installed was a new sim card ( chip) as I was going from one cel phone provider to another
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, I desperately want this phone to work..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your iPhone asking for the Apple ID password? Or is it something else?

What's the email address or part of the email address, if any, such as [email protected]****.com, currently showing on the iPhone's screen? Please tell me everything on the iPhone's screen.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the email address is shown as h.....@r......ca
and nothing for password

Thank you. Do you recognize that email address h.....@r......ca? If yes, what's the full email address for it? And do you currently have access to that email address or not?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
rather than having you connect at a distance I would prefer, if possible to know how to fix this with your assistance

No problem. Do you recognize that email address h.....@r......ca? If yes, what's the full email address for it? And do you currently have access to that email address or not?

- Also, have you tried anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1. I do not have access to that email any more. I believe it stands for my previous email address ***@******.***I have tried every password ***** could muster from that period and am told every time that either the email address or the password ***** ***** This morning I went to a technician who tells me nothing can be done with out the password.

Can you please confirm your previous @rogers.com email address? Is there number or any special character (such as a period, a hyphen, an underscore, etc.) in your previous email address?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my previous email address was:***@******.***

The iPhone is showing the email address h.....@r......ca. Is that correct? If so, do you remember any previous email address of yours that starts with the letter H and contains @R in the middle and ends with the two letters CA?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my mistake it does not show ca, it shows comthe only thing I can think of to fill those blanks is***@******.*** ,but that was never a real email address.

Thank you. For account security verification, please tell me your birthday (month/day/year), and country of residence and Postal Code.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
birthday: 07-07 1942Country of residence : Canada postal code Koa 1X0 and for mailing purposes, postal code is K2B 1A1

It does not take those information. When you first set up the rogers email previously, were you in one of those two postal codes, or another postal code?

Also, please make sure the birthday is ***** that rogers email address (not for your spouse, etc.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1. the birthday is mine2. SINCE THAT EMAIL ADDRESS WAS MINE FOR A LONG TIME, PLEASE TRY MY PREVIOUS ADDRESS AT POSTAL CODE K0A 1H0
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry try K2B 5W8 ( sorry , I have the memory of an old lady!!)

I'm sorry. I'm out of ideas, so let me open the issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email message when there is a response from another expert. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you PLease email me at :***@******.***
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Give me a moment to check on the issue please>

Expert:  Andrew James replied 1 month ago.

With a lost password ***** an iphone, without being able to recover your account, the only way to re-activate it is to factory reset it using recovery. Be aware this will delete everything on the phone, this is not reversible, so if you have anything you want to save it will be gone.

Heres the step by step.

1. Connect your iphone to your computer and open itunes
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    1. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
    2. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    1. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

That should get you back where you need to be to activate the phone. It will be just as it was when you bought it originally. What this will do (along with delete everything and lose the password) is set you up to be able to use a brand new itunes/apple account on your phone moving forward.

Let me know if I can help with anything else on this and don't forget to rate if this does end up solving the problem!