Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

Yahoo does not recognize password or phone number, Tuesday

Customer Question

yahoo does not recognize password ***** phone number
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Tuesday last week after At&T cancelled my account
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: After i received message that AT&T /yahoo was cancelling my account I was taken to screen that had a link to I chose a user name and password ***** my file to gmail where I was able to jmport my contacts. I cannot import other files/folder/etc however or log in to my Yahoo account.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

The email about yahoo cancelling your account was a fake email, not sent by Yahoo or AT&T. This has resulted in your account being hacked as they gained your username and password.

We need to try to get you back access from this asap.

First, tell me your yahoo address with the problem please.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.