Andrew James
Andrew James, Senior Systems Engineer
Experience:  RedHat certified. Ansible & Salt Ninja. Professional background running the automation platform for a major internet firm
96365785

I have a question about marketing regarding my website.

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What question do you have, please? I think I have experience and knowledge enough to answer it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I realize you are a tech guy-so I don't know if you can answer this question. I have a website & I sell a service. I have dramatically increased the traffic to my website & my conversions-----them buying my service or calling - contacting me has not increased. This was a problem I was aware of even prior to this. I have requested for people to work with me to try to figure this out via google analytics. I don't believe it can provide what I need to know. I need to know what people do / where they go & were they exit the site. How can this be done?

That, I think, would come under the category of

'tracking by cookies'

or some such facility, used on websites for in-detail analytics.

A case where raw traffic is being brought in, but sales/conversions are not increasing, is a case for some concern. More data may be what is needed. But, I don't know what you are selling. It is of course obvious that you need to bring traffic or viewers

A. to the right place where they will be 'hooked' by the product offered

and

B. the right people, who might be interested in the product

so just 'raw visits' is not necessarily going to yield the results you need.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no remote. We are bringing in quality vetted leads & linking them to the proper pages. I want to see where they go & where they exit. Can this be done with a heat map? Anything else?

Do you mean like this facility:

https://heatmap.me/

I was thinking something rather older, where each page visit is tracked per each visitor as an individual, so that you can trace where the individual travels between pages (if they travel from one page to another within your site).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is exactly what I need. Why not heatmap & what do you have in mind?

I have nothing specific in mind... if heatmap.me is sufficient for you, I would say, go with it.

Do you need any further advice on this matter?

If you are done with this case, please rate my answer. Thanks!

If you need further advice or assistance, let me know, and I will continue to assist and advise you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok--well this has not been very fruitful.

Then I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category, with my apologies. Perhaps another Expert may be of help to you, and provide the answer and advice you really need. (That will be at no additional charge, of course.)

Thank you for your patience meanwhile.

Expert:  Andrew James replied 2 months ago.

Before I try to answer this question, are you already using google analytics? If so what you're describing is the "User Flow" feature of analytics, It will show you where people are starting on your website, and where they are dropping off. You can also use "User Explorer" to break down your users sessions with more detail than "User Flow" and get a minute by minute walk through of their website usage.

Does this sound like what you are looking for?