Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Steve is a consultant in the areas of computer software and programming, information management and networking.
47680681

Five years ago I put together a computer with everything

Customer Question

Five years ago I put together a computer with everything needed and I thought it would be fun thing for a 70 year old man. It worked great until the Windows 10 upgrade and it had so far been running Windows 10 since the upgrade came out. The new upgrade that just came out for windows 10 operating system caused a nightmare. So I said it was time to put together a new one. At my age I don’t want to waste my time playing computer games so I bought a middle price motherboard along with everything else. The new computer motherboard would keep booting off and on. I finally made a boot USB from my wife's computer and put in my new one. It booted it up and it seemed to be working ok. I unplugged the computer and took out the USB Boot and Installed Windows home 10 DVD installation disk which turned out to be a big mistake for installing Windows 10. I turned off the computer and unplugged it to make sure it was completely off, doing it twice, and it seemed to be working fine. At 2:00 AM I finally went to bed and go up the next morning, turned it on and it started the reboot thing over and over. Then I called up the motherboard co. with trying many different alternatives, a long conversation and talking to a women who finally said I shouldn’t have bought a cheaper board from them for all the money that I was spending. Then I spent another $400 buying a new motherboard an a CPU. She told me my windows disk would install and work fine on a new board-- that sucked! After a few hours I finally got it registered I think. After the installation it said that I could go the MS store and upgrade to pro for $99.99 when I spent $115.99 for Home 10 O E M where I bought the motherboard and with the addition and the upgrade that comes to a total of $206.98. What in Gods Name is ***** ***** about when I can buy pro for $129.24 at Amazon prime. People would be stupid if they knew about that one. I guess I was stupid. I have used every MS operating systems since 1986 and never had any real problems like I have had with Windows 10. WHAT IN GOD’S NAME IS*****? I guess Microsoft don’t give a rip or are you losing too much money. I hope to God my Windows 10 is registered. That is my main interest. Unhappy MS user, Douglas W Hensler [email protected] OR***@******.*** >
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

Hi Douglas, my name is Steve.

I hear you. After upgrading one computer to Windows 10, I've kept all my other computers on Windows 7 and will do that until 2020 when support expires for the product.

I just wanted to let you know that this is a support site called "JustAnswer." You're not reaching Microsoft here,so your comments are falling on deaf ears. I would recommend that you write or send an email to Microsoft customer service directly so that your comments reach them. You would use this website if you still needed help with the build because you still can't get it to work. Personally, it sounds like you got some bad advice about what you needed to do to get your computer to work.

In terms of contacting Microsoft, in my experience, in this day of electronic communication, a good old-fashioned pen and paper letter sent to an executive at Microsoft would get the most attention and a guaranteed response.Their address is "Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA###-##-####" Alternatively, you could try to contact the support people at Microsoft who might or might not pass your information along to someone else. It's really tricky to find a phone number you can call to speak to an actual person there, but if you happen to have a disability, you can call the support desk for people with disabilities at 1-***-***-****.

I hope this helps you. I just didn't want you to think your comments were being directed to Microsoft when they weren't, and it's important that the company hears from disgruntled customers so it can fix these things going forward.

Have a great day!