Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I, I have a Mac, I used to use paypal but had a new card and

Customer Question

I don
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I have a Mac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I used to use paypal but had a new card and number and haven't been able to use paypal since
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 20 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your new Paypal card and number, will not work with old facilities/links/etc. that are configured to the old card/number. This should be fairly obvious.

But I should ask: where, and in what ways, do the new card and new number, not work?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
They work everywhere else but I didn't notify paypal about the new card so when I first wanted to purchase something a few months ago I didn't know how to get to paypal to change my number and that's all I want to do and be able to use paypal
Expert:  Russell H. replied 19 days ago.

The new card and number (I have to ask:) Did they involve a new account, a new Paypal name, etc. ?

If you were trying to buy using Paypal from e.g., you might have to register your new means-of-payment with your account, before would accept it as a means of payment. Was that the situation, and what you are asking about?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
All I am wanting is for the card to be connected to 'paypal' - as I said originally I was on paypal and using it to shop and use with computer but no-one seems to understand that is all I want. Not a new account - not to spend money on trying as you seem to want me to do and now you have my card no it seems you can do what you like !!! My original card was compromised so the Bank told me and issued a new one. Can you solve this problem
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

To attach a new card to your paypal account, log into your paypal account, and register it there. Nothing simpler, once you know where to look.

(If you need specifics, let me know.)