Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Dell d630 windows XP captured a virus and a notice popped

Customer Question

My Dell d630 windows XP captured a virus and a notice popped up supposedly from Microsoft telling me to call Microsoft before they shut down my computer. I did not call fearing it was a scam, but since then my computer internet ability has completely blocked. Could it be true that the advise actually came from Microsoft trying to protect me and if so, what can I do to get my computer working again? Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

We can get it fixed before it crashes your computer.

Dont forget to backup all you data in an external drive.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Let me know the current status of the computer.