Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I have a laptop think pad carbon X1 I can not turn off the

Customer Question

Hello I have a laptop think pad carbon X1 I can not turn off the airplane mode for a reason that info not understand I went to settings and to wifi the wifi is still turned off even if I
Am trying to put it in!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, are you using Windows 10 on the Lenovo laptop with the issue?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you.. Please hold down the Fn key and then press the key with the icon of a little Radio Tower. What happens now? It should enable the Wireless Network.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; please reply back to me with the version of Windows you are using, and I'll provide you with further steps accordingly. Thank you.

It seems you are opening duplicate threads. Please hold down the Fn key and then press the key with the icon of a little Radio Tower. What happens now? It should enable the Wireless Network.

If the above solution didn't work, try the following.

1. Press Windows key on the keyboard
  2. Click on Settings window
  3. Go to Network icon
  4. Choose Network & Internet category.
  5. The second setting on the left column is Airplane mode.
  6. Turn it Off
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did that alteady i do not need You to do that but it is refusions to pur The wifi on! This what i was explaining to You

" it is refusions to put The wifi on" what you mean by refusions ? Do you getting any error messages?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No when I push the button to wifi on it is refusing to put it on it move right back to wifi off

Okay, press and hold down the Windows Logo key on your keyboard and press R key. You will get open the Run command box. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and press Enter. You will get open the Device manager window. Can you see any yellow colored marks there? Can you see the wireless adapter listed under Ethernet adapters ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am on device manager now I do not see any Ethernet adapter
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there ??

Okay, hold down the Fn key and then press F5 key. What happens now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you please read my answer and tell
Me what tomdo
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing I have nothing give me nothing

Okay, is that computer connected to wired internet now? Are you contacting me from that laptop?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No mi wifi connection is not on I am contacting you from my iPhone !!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I can you I t much better
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just found out through the Lenovo website that there is a small switch who
Has been turned off so
I found myself what wen wrong - !! Not satisfied with the service ..

Please click here and download the user manual for your laptop. Check Page 4. Make sure the Wireless button is ON. If it is on and you can't still see any adapters, it may a hardware issue.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did solve my issue but my self when I enemy to the Lenovo help center ... This is not a great amswer so far !!