Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service

Comcast gave me the wifi password and info over my phone and

Comcast gave me the wifi password ***** info over my phone and I know my phone is compromised, therefore my password ***** ***** Can you give me step by step how to change the password ***** the IP address can that be changed and can all this be done off line? Thanks. Running Windows 10

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

First, you will need to be with your router and a computer.

What is the exact make and model of your gateway and do you have just the gateway

or do you have another router you bought yourself hooked up as well. Most comcast equip

is gateways which has a modem/router in one. The extra router is sometimes added by individuals.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for responding.
We have an Xfinity Dual Band 802.11ac Model XB3

Use this guide below starting on page 29 of the document (not number 29 in your finder)

It will show you how to use your computer and log into your router. Once you log in,

you will follow the steps to change passwords (and much more) from there in the menu. If you need help

with this, let me know.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.