GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I cannot get my asus lap top to turn on. I put on charger

Customer Question

I cannot get my asus lap top to turn on. I put on charger and white light comes on but it doesn't turn on.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I don't know model number but it has removable keyboard and touch screen
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. How long has the Asus been charging?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
8 hours
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Thank you! I just wanted to be sure that the laptop had sufficient time to charge before advising you to take the following steps:

1. Unplug the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Hold power button down for a FULL 30 seconds (use a timer if necessary).

4. Try once more to turn the computer on.

I know this sounds nuts but what happens is that sometimes when the computer "sleeps" it has trouble waking back up, so it's in a state where it isn't powered fully off, but it won't turn on either. What you

redoing by removing the power and battery and holding the power button down is forcing it to shut down and discharging any residual power remaining after power cord is unplugged and battery is removed.

You can remove the battery from most asus laptops by taking off the bottom panel and then popping it out.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.