Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Second opinion] - I don't know how go gain access for my

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I don't know how go gain access for my computer as an authorized user even though I am the sole user. This gives me problems in downloading some programs. For example I have purchased an upgrade for my Dragon Nuance program but I can.t complete the installation because I don't have thed proper authorization.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 20 days ago.

It may be easier to set your main account as an administrator account. That way, you have full admin access and can install or uninstall programs as you see fit.

Before I can explain how to do that, I need to know what version of windows you have on your computer, such as windows xp, vista, windows 7 or windows 8?