Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I am being called by someone who claims to be phoning me

Customer Question

I am being called by someone who claims to be phoning me about a fix for Windows. The caller ID is very unusual. He never immediately identifies himself as a rep but claims after I ask that he is representing Windows (never Microsoft). I refuse to give him any information. Is there any legitimacy to this caller. He has phoned twice over the last month. Today he argued with me that he was legit.
Dale Soble
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Tell him that you know he is a scam and that you are calling the BBB and listed his phone number on

google as a scam.

Here:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0076-phone-scams

http://www.bbb.org/

If you sound as if you know your rights? They usually flee immediately. They do not have the right to argue

with you or continue calling when you specifically asked them to take you off their list. It is pure harassment.

As long as you didn't give him any information or let him in your pc? There is nothing you need to do to your pc.

put that number in your google search and look for results, or you can send it here and i will research it.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your prompt response. I will be taking your advice. The number of the caller is V00109240400081 (###) ###-####Dale Soble

According to other spam tracker sites this is a telemarketer regarding computer/WIndows problems on your computer with that number.

If you do not need anything further, please rate the stars at the top to close out the question for us.

~Franklin