Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Iphone 5S After unsuccessfully buy an app. and trying to

Customer Question

Iphone 5S After unsuccessfully buy an app. and trying to update credit card info. Screen went black with small rotating icon in center of screen. about 30 minutes plas.
Tried holding on/off, home buttons have any effect
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi Paul!

These steps are similar to what you have already tried but slightly different..

Please try plugging in your iPhone and while it is plugged in, hold down the POWER and HOME button together until you see the Apple icon. It can take 20-25 seconds for the Apple icon to appear so please make sure you hold down both buttons until you see the icon.

If your issue continues, please reply back otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I plugged in the cord at bottom of phone. held both buttons. at about 20 seconds thhe apple icon app. Then discovered the UBS end was not connected to laptop!.I then p;ugged in the usb plug. After about minute with apple icon showing, usual start screen showed the half minute.( I was clapping my hands!?!) without any touching screen or buttons screen went dark. Now pressing on/off button. Start screen immediately showed up. then went dark after few seconds.normal!?! Pressed
on/off again, get screen. press home button gets desktop. looks normal now
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

If everything is working normal now, please take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
going back to get the app i tried to get before.
If it freaks out i'll be back. Paul
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good, Paul.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.