Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I lost access to my google email and google doc. account I

Customer Question

I lost access to my google email and google doc. account I got a new internet servise and after they put it in I got on windows 10 and ever since I cannot get to my accounts they say I changed my password ***** I didn't have this trouble before and I don't remember the new password ***** when I changed it so when they request a date when I changed it I don't know. this has cause a great deal of stress because I have very important files in my google doc account and they are the only copies I have because some of the documents are as long ad 60 pages so you can imagine how stressful this is.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: I have a HP 6710b and I am on windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I got a new cable company that includes internet access and when they installed it they had trouble because the person who installed it forgot to uninstall the last cable inthernet. Someone came and fixed it but I had tried to fix it myself and got on windows 10 by mistake in the process and during this process somehow my google doc. got lost or something because when I have tried to use it it keeps sying I changed the password ***** I have been using the same password ***** along so I really am at a loss why I can't get to my docs.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just the this is extremely important documents on civil rights and Native Americans for documentaries I am working on and it is vital I get back these files thankyou
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Could you let me know what's your Google email address?

Please reply back using the box below; thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

You may reset the password ***** your Google account using the following link:

https://accounts.google.com/ForgotPasswd

Follow the on-screen prompts to verify your identity using the recovery info, e.g. phone number, set for the account - done that, it will allow you to reset and create a new password ***** your account thereafter.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Please carry out the steps provided in my above reply now, and check if this allows you to reset and use a new password ***** your Google account itself. You may update me on the results on this page itself, using the Reply box below. Thank you.