Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I'm attempting to make a movie with windows movie maker and

Customer Question

I'm attempting to make a movie with windows movie maker and it has changed the video quality so that it shakes and is blurry.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: sony vaio vpcl116fx windows 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my dvd does not show up on my computer now and does not work
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

If this issue just started within the last week or two, lets try an easy, comprehensive step to turn back the clock and repair the problems. This wont erase any of your data, pictures, files, and it will only uninstall programs or updates that were installed after the restore point..

Shut down the windows 8 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.