Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Yahoo mail has been hacked. When I go to type in my email

Customer Question

My Yahoo mail has been hacked. When I go to type in my email it says it doesn't match anything on record.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: For about 6 months I have tried to change the PW and it says the account doesn't match. I can access the mail with my old PW, but I think the hacker did something to change my user ID or email address
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Well I have added gmail and att.net to give to people who complain they keep getting weird messages. I have a new Apple laptop computer and I transferred to info from the old computer to this new one
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't want to cancel my yahoo account as all my financial institutions and an online shop have this address, but I don't want this to keep happening either.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me the previous ending to your yahoo account, such as @yahoo.com or @att,.yahoo.com ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yahoo.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't want the free trial now thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dustin are you still there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

My apologies for the delay, I thought this might have been a merged account issues or something similar.

Since your account ends with @yahoo.com, its not a merged account issue.

Next question, when you say you can still sign in using the same password, are you using the Same yahoo address and the same password ***** sign in?

And where are you signing in? at y ahoo.com, or att.net or somewhere else?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can still sign into my Yahoo account with the same PW, but when I go to yahoo and say reset PW and I type in***@******.*** is says it doesn't recognize me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please answer me! If I am going to pay $39 I want this issue resolved.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

You cannot expect an immediate response when you respond 16 hours later and at lunch time.

And rest assured, if I cant help you resolve the issue then you will receive a full refund.

With that being said, one of two things may be happening here. Your account could be an alias..

Since you can sign in, please follow the steps on this page and when you get to account info, aliases, let me know if you see any other accounts listed or just the one single account.

http://www.wikihow.com/Manage-Your-Yahoo-Aliases

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have no aliases. I go to bed at 9 and so you might have mentioned that it would take x amount of minutes. I found the email this AM. Sorry to disturb your lunch.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

No worries, I doubt you expected it would take more then a few messages to fix the issue and we didnt discuss times we could connect or work with each other.

Here is what I am going to suggest. It would be infinitely easier if I was able to connect to your computer from here, and then help you sign into the account on screen, so I can investigate this issue directly and in front of you. Due to site policies I have to send that offer to you as a premium service offer, but I do have the latitude to reduce the price for that service.

I will send that offer now, you dont have to accept it but this will help us work through the issue a bit faster and give us the best chance of finding the problem, and solution.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What about the $39 I didn't authorize but they charged me for? Why another $9.99? When does our session end?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Remote support is usually an additional 39.99.

Remote support is not included in the cost of written support and this is done to keep our written support costs as low as possible. Even with the normal remote support fee our service comes in about half the cost of our competitors and we are the only reputable company that offers a fix the problem, or issue a full refund policy.

As far as not authorizing the 39$, on the initial page it shows right at the top that there is a 5$ deposit and then the rest is charged when an expert first responds to you.

if you want to stop now, I can send you the refund link and we can discontinue this session.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't feel like you have done much to help me to just CHANGE MY PASSWORD! I feel this is a big scam to keep getting more $ out of people. I would like you to send me the refund link as I am VERY unhappy with your service. And I will spread the word about your services. Send me the link right now please. I am VERY disappointed that we got nothing accomplished!
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Here is the refund link.

www.justanswer.com/refund

I do hope you are able to resolve the issue on your own. On a side note, when you do "spread the word" about our services please remember to include the facts that after having an intelligent, constructive conversation with a dedicated professional, you still received a full refund after you chose to quit.

No one can help you unless you take a less hostile approach to the support process and stick with the process till a resolution is found.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't feel like I had an intelligent, constructive conversation. I am sure you are a dedicated professional, but I didn't get the "best of you". And then you get defensive when I say I haven't heard from you and am interrupting your lunch, when you didn't bother to explain it may take a few minutes for you to delve further into an issue and it would take time. Now you want me to spend more $ to go through all this again with someone else? Just to reset a PW? I would say there was a bit of hostility on your side also. I am not hostile to support staff who are honest with me and don't get an attitude with me. You might want to look into your approach as well. All my best to you! Carol