Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I can't get into my Yahoo email, How about 2 years, No I'm

Customer Question

I can't get into my Yahoo email
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: How about 2 years
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I'm hardly on my computer
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried talking to somebody with your company yesterday and three people hang up on me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you mean, you cannot access your email for the last 2 years ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the last person I talked to told me somebody hacked into my account
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

I don't know, who told you that because if you do not access your account for more than one year then, Yahoo closes that account automatically and unfortunately, there is no way to get it back.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why did they told me somebody from New York hacked into my account and for me not to use my computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

See, I can see only one question (this one) posted on our website.So, I am not sure, if you have talked to use earlier or not.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

If you can access your email from mobile or phone and cannot access it from your PC then, your account is still active. Can you tell me your email address.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't use my email at allcraigslist my email is***@******.***
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

OK, wait let me check.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any phone number which starts with the digit 6 and ends with the digits 38

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That is my old number I don't even know what it is anymore
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

OK, if that is your old number then, it means the account is still active. Now, if you do not use that number anymore then, it will be very difficult to recover the account, but if you wish then I can tell you a way to get back the account, but I do not know how many days it will take to get back the account, as you have to email Yahoo security department for the recovery. Let me know what you want to do ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I keep trying to get in touch with somebody from Yahoo for the past month they keep on giving me the runaround and hanging up on me
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

See, as you are using free Yahoo account, you cannot directly contact with them. There is an email address, where you have to mail and tell them the exact situation that, you do not have access to your phone number and you want to get back the account, they will ask you the number and if you are able to tell them the old phone number correctly, they will give you link to reset the password. This is the only one left.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Last time I talked to somebody from there three months ago they told me somebody hacked into my account and I need to talk to an expert and it was going to cost me $200 to get it fixed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried their new system and I kept on sending me back to the beginning again I tried all day yesterday and half a day today
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Those are scam sites, no one can fix this problem except Yahoo and I am telling you that, you have to mail them from any other email address to get back the account, using the normal process will not help as the phone number associated with account is nor working at present or you are not using at present.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was somebody from Yahoo I talk to you but that was about 3 months ago
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

See, I am working on this field for the last 17 years and I can assure you that, Yahoo do not give any direct support to any free email account user.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just forget it I'm just going to write letters I never was any good with computers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Why are you getting so upset and why do you want to get back account, which you cannot access for the last 2 years ? You can just create a new account and use it contact anyone.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
See how you feel after 2 years and just getting the runaround and I use it to order parts and they have all my information no disrespect I'm just mad at Yahoo
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hi!

Another expert here -- Even those your information is still showing in the Yahoo system, it cannot be recovered if it is over 9-12 months of inactivity. Since you have not signed into your account in two years, there is nothing that can be done. Email addresses are never recycled so it cannot ever be registered again.

I completely understand your frustration with Yahoo but writing letters will not fix the issue. There is absolutely nothing that can be done. Please understand that we are only relying the information to you and do not have control of Yahoo and their policies. With that being said, if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I am just checking back in because I have not heard from you in a while -- If you can rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you and mark the question as helped.