Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a computer that has operated flawlessly for 15

Customer Question

I have a computer that has operated flawlessly for 15 years-one of the best computers ever! The BIOS battery has become weak, and it will no longer start up. I can locate none of the usual battery forms on the motherboard. The only ID on the M/B is PCI P45C TR5, and, MS 5129 VER:1.2. I need jumper/jack info to install an outboard CMOS battery,
voltage and polarity. I am 75 years old, and this computer only has to run for 6 months, and then I will retire. Any assistance that you could render, would be very much appreciated. Just telling me the manufacturer, would be of great help. Sincerely, ***** ***** ***@******.***.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hi Larry, is t his a branded computer, such as an HP, or Dell, or Gateway computer ( or other model )