Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My ipad mini 4 downloaded new operating system and can no

Customer Question

my ipad mini 4 downloaded new operating system and can no longer acces ipad even though I used correct passcode
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Recently (within the past week or 2) Apple released their NEW iOS for moble devices, simply called iOS X (iOS 10)

.

This update does change quite a few things. From the look and click through, to the location of settings.

.

Is the passcode you are talking about, what you use to UNLOCK the iPad?

this is the 4 digit passcode.....correct?

You’ve undoubtedly noticed one of the most immediately noticeable changes; slide to unlock no longer works. The change they made now...... if you slide right on the lock screen of iOS 10 you end up in the widgets screen. Replacing that old familiar gesture is a new Press Home to Unlock maneuver.

If this is not an issue, and you can get tto the screen where you enter in the passcode, yet it tells you the passcode is INCORRECT.

There is little options left.

The passcode is a security feature (as im sure you know) and is to keep the iPad secure, so if there was an easy or even a slightly difficult way to circumnavigate the passcode........Well what good would it do in the first place.

So....before I conclude that the issue is in fact just a wrong passcode, or you forgot the passcode, or somebody changed it, and you didint know......I want to run this by my contact over at Apple, to make sure this isnt a repoerted issue within the NEW iOS 10 upgrade. There have been alot of bad reports on this iOS release.

.

Let me know, if what im saying is correct, and the passcode just being kicked back as incorrect.......the iPad should tell you, if the passcode is wrong or not.