Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My email has 25 items to index so it cannot search my emails

Customer Question

my email has 25 items to index so it cannot search my emails in the inbox. How long does it take to complete this? I have 2 computers in 2 different places using this email.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 7 Home Premium
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: HPE-477c
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Windows 7 home premium
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

okay, so indexing is just a fancy way of saying that it is building a database, or in a more lamens terms, a card catalog (similar to what libraries used to have).

So, the amount of time it take scan vary greatly depedning on a few factors.

The biggest factor is HOW MUCH IS THERE YO INDEX, and in your case (only 25 emails) this is a small amount, so it should be quick (less than 10 seconds)

The second bigest factor is the computers ABILITY to process an build the database. That is determined by the speed of the CPU, and the amount of RAM, and etc etc. The thrid biggest is the current background processes. If you are already doing something that is taxing the CPU, and because an index is always a secondary priority, and will take longer if you already have something running.

.

All in all 25 emails to index.......not long.

But it depends on WHAT is doing the indexing?

Is it Google? Or is it your computer?

Wait, now i know what you are using.....you are using Microsoft OUTLOOK to view, read, and send Emails.....yes?