Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

We have an iPad mini4. Just got it yesterday and my son

Customer Question

We have an iPad mini4 . Just got it yesterday and my son can't remeber password. He tried so many times the ipad is disabled. Help
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: Mini4 apple
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No we just bought it yesterday. He did the fingerprint sensor and when he powered off he powered back on and couldnt remember the password ***** order to use the finger sensor
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 27 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,