Experience:  Systems Administrator at TXNJ Enterprises

Well I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate, I have

Customer Question

Well I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate, I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.60 GHz dual processor and was running a 64 bit software platform and now its a 32 bit platform, I have tried resolving this problem through Microsoft Support and Technical Forums with no success can you help me
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Well its a 32 bit Windows 10 Pro but it was 64 bit Microsoft downgraded me during free upgrade
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes and I have tried working with Microsoft but nothing they have done or that I have found in the forums has worked
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I'm aware of
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 28 days ago.

You can try this tool to create a DVD or bootable USB drive to install the 64 bit version of windows 10.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have tried this many times and the Microsoft Te hs have used the remote assistance tool also to repair my computer none of these things have helped restore my computer to 64 bit OS platform
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 26 days ago.

When you made a bootable USB installer or downloaded the ISO did you chose the option to only download the x64 version and not pick the option to download both?

Also, what exactly makes you believe you have the 32 bit version installed? Being that the 32 and 64 bit versions are not compatible with each other I find it very interesting how a 32bit version could be used to upgrade a 64 bit version without it being a total wipe and clean installation.

Please right click on the start menu then click system and tell me exactly what it says for "System type:"

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Well it states that under system info but there have bn several complaints over the forums and Internet about Microsoft down grading OS platforms from 64 bit to a 32 bit OS platform, and yes a 32 bit Windows PS will run on a 64 bit plat form, and I did back up with the media image tool and clean installa several times now and yes I chose 64 bit software and now my computer is so screwed up with the updates that were installed automatically I can't even do a recovery or restore my files or documents, or my apps bc the current OS platform does not support those files o have been banging my head against my desk for 2 weeks and Microsoft has charged me small fees that the charged for doing upgrades for me through tjhe remote assistance fee stirs and I still can't reapply my old windows or operating platform!

When you use the MediaCreationTool you need to select "Create installation media for another PC" NOT "Upgrade this PC now" then on the next screen UNCHECK "Use thew recomended options for this PC" then leave Edition as Windows 10 but for architecture select 64 bit NOT both.

So system info does state "64-bit operating system" ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
32 bit operating system/64 bit platform

Ok, then do what I said to create 64 bit only installation media

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Oops x 64 based processor

You should be able to do a clean install with the 64bit only installation media, I do not believe it will allow you to "upgrade" 32 to 64 so you will have to move your files over manually and reinstall all of your programs.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I have done that I have updated drivers with the Driver Updater tool I have researched all windows updates and one web site after another trying to figure it put myself bc it seems that Microsoft has not intention on restoring my previous software platform without me purchasing another Windows 10 Pro Software License key which I will not do!!!
Customer: replied 26 days ago.

No there should be no need for that. I have installed Windows 10 from DVD made from ISO clean on a new blank hard drive and it activated automatically, did not need to buy a license.
Were you using the USB option? I would use the ISO download option and create a 64 bit only Windows 10 DVD installation disc.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Well I will try that procedure but how am I supposed to recover my files spa and other personal files I hv lost in this mess , I have allows a Microsoft Tech remote access to my computer 3 Xs now and e en they were un able to do the upgrade but I did use a flash drive instead of a dvd how many gigs woo a SVS hold these days bn being lazy using flash drives bc that's what Microsoft told me to do and they also had me to die the install totally the opposite of what you have told me to do so again I feel Microsoft has no intention of making things right and I have spent hundreds of $'s with them buying software and other program upgrades and fees and this is how they thank me give me the shaft with a free upgrade and see how much they can squeeze out of me, I need the faster software for an Internet business I am currently launching from my home so your help and honesty is greatly appreciated!, Thank You!!!!������

Personally I'd use Windows 7 Pro for business use. I personally have no plans to use Windows 10 as my main OS, once Windows 7 support ends I'll use Windows 8.1 for a while, then when 8.1 support ends I'll be buying a Mac. lol.

PS. I would backup your important files to a separate drive before doing the clean install off the DVD.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hell I here you brother, but my problem with that ios I am unable to find or restore any of my old window software or hardware programming due to the mess Microsoft has created with my computer, it only a couple of years old and I have a lap top running 8.1 Windows which will be my primary use computer alon with my iPhone and Android tablet the desktop is primarily the home based main computer Hun that I back up everything to with a 1 TB external Hardrive and of course it supports my wireless router and extender and main sharing center for my 78" curved ups Samsun smart tv which I'm sure once I get everything set up most of my work will be done on it from the comfort of my sectional couch with huge ottoman if you get my drift, using my iPhone or laptop or tablet for remote but I am happy with a lot of the new features but as you said Apple has bn a step up on Microsoft for a good while but that may change with the loss of Jobs!!!!!
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I sure will Thanks so much
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 23 days ago.

So did my method fix your problem? Please accept my answer and rate if it did as I do not get paid unless you do. Thank you.