Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How do I fix my computer screen that I somehow made sideways

Customer Question

how do I fix my computer screen that I somehow made sideways
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- Please make sure you did press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, and Arrow UP on the computer's keyboard, then release, and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on option Screen resolution or option Display settings

, then on the right of the item Orientation, click on the the dropdown list (usually you click on Portrait option), then click on the option Landscape

, then click on Apply at bottom, and confirm Yes / OK, and check.

Solution #3:

- If that does not work, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open

, then open Appearance and Personalization / Display

, then click on option Adjust resolution

, then on the right of the item Orientation, click on the the dropdown list, then click on the option Landscape

Solution #4:

- If all fails, right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on option Graphics Options, or ATI Catalyst Center, or NVDIA, then look for the option Display / Rotation / Orientation, etc., then set it to Landscape, then apply / OK, and check.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if your computer has Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,