Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I seem to be locked out of my gmail account.. It dies not

Customer Question

I seem to be locked out of my gmail account.. It dies not recognize my current password ***** the verification codes they have been sending me are not working. I've been trying to get in ffor a week! I provide them with the info requested and still can't get in. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas??
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: about a week.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The account is still there.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it...
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Okay, so the thing about FREE Gmail accounts is that they do NOT give any LIVE support. That means they wont call you, and you cant call them, and they wont chat with you online, and they wont email you.

The only support you get from Google is the automated support, that they post on their website for reseting your password.

The reason they dont have support, is because there are literally millions upon millions of FREE Gmail accounts, and if they supported them all, they wouldnt be able to offer it for free.

So, now about your Gmail account. The password ***** NEVER be told to you. Google does not know it.....passwords are ONLY ever viewed by the END USER (You).

So, the ONLY option you have is to RESET the password, and the procedure for doing this, requires that you have either setup a recovery alternate email account, or a cell phone number they can verufy, or a series of security questions that you have answered previously, that you can verify now.

So at this point, the only way to help you is to connect to your computer, and HELP YOU THROUGH the process.

There are only so many options for reseting a password.

If you have not been successful with ony of them, or they were NOT setup while you logged into that account.....then there really is little that can be done.

.

Like i mentioned.....I can connect to your ocmputer and Help you through the process to make 100% sure its being done correctly........let me know when you are ready to do that.