Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

My account is locked up. I do not have a backup phone number

Customer Question

My account is locked up. I do not have a backup phone number on my account. I got a new cell and tried to remember my password ***** tried many times. My pc has it saved so it cannot help me either. I went through the online methods many many times, question #2 why am I complying with this, I don't have the correct answer for. Please talk me through if you can. Home #(###) ###-####cell #(###) ###-####
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Only the online method with no success
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Windows 10 on my pc
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just need to be able to reset my password ***** set up a backup method so this does not happen again.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Which email service do you use, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. ?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

I will send you a remote support request, but first I want to be sure that, I can solve your problem by that or not . Please let me know your email address.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** me know check.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

Ok, so you do not have the answer for this question, "What town was your mother born in" ?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
but not question #2
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

OK, please give me the answer, let me see what can be done with the second question.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I feel very uncomfortable, hopefully I can trust you. The answer is Lovelady
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

Yes, you can do that and if we are able to recover your account, you can change the password ***** that. Now, in the second question, you do not remember the answer or it is not matching ?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I Don't remember Setting up that question so I do not remember The answer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

Thanks then, I do not think you have setup the question, because no body setup such a peculiar question. It seems your account is hacked and the hacker seems to have changed the password ***** the second question. Do you have any other email address, which you can access at present ?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I have a gmail account
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

OK, please wait.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

In case of a hacked account send a mail describing your problem to***@******.*** from your other
email address.

Note: If this doesn't help, call Yahoo: 1-***-***-****, explain to a customer service person what happened. They will ask you to do certain things and then they compare your original info with the changed info. Within 24 hrs you should get your account back! Let me know, if you need any further information otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
That was NO help, and 40 dollars wasted. Unless you have something else I can try. The phone number is ***** recording that sends you back to the same bunny trails I have already tried.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 30 days ago.

See, we are not Yahoo, so we cannot reset your password. As your account is hacked and the security question is changed then, you have to send an email to Yahoo on that address for recovering your account. I can only tell you, what you can do to get back your account, as it is hacked.

Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.