Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a MacBook Pro and I am having serious issues sending

Customer Question

I have a MacBook Pro and I am having serious issues sending emails to everyone who has a gmail address. As VP Public Relations for our viticultural association, I am responsible for communicating with all of our 650 members as well as about 750 media contacts for our press releases. How Can I fix the issue of all emails sent to gmail addresses getting bounces back when there is clearly no spam/links in my email communications?Chuck Blethen
Marshall NC
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

What message or error do you receive when these messages are "bounced back"? Please give me the specific/exact message or error. thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

The original message was received at Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:32:40 -0400 from host-72-250-242-66.ercbroadband.org [72.250.242.66] (may be forged) ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <[email protected]> (reason: 550-5.7.1 [70.90.155.27 12] Our system has detected that this message is) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.: DATA <<< 550-5.7.1 [70.90.155.27 12] Our system has detected that this message is <<< 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, <<< 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit <<< 550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError <<< 550 5.7.1 for more information. h4si9359264qtc.54 - gsmtp 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable Reporting-MTA: dns; cletus.techmerc.net Received-From-MTA: DNS; host-72-250-242-66.ercbroadband.org Arrival-Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:32:40 -0400 Final-Recipient: RFC822; [email protected] Action: failed Status: 5.7.1 Remote-MTA: DNS; gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550-5.7.1 [70.90.155.27 12] Our system has detected that this message is Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:32:41 -0400 From: Chuck <[email protected]> Subject: Screen order Date: September 24, 2016 at 15:32:37 EDT To: [email protected] John, We have received your order for a pair of Front Door Window Skreenz with an extra storage pouch and a Rear Cargo Door Skreenz for your 2004 Honda Element. We expect to ship them to you in about 2 weeks. We appreciate your business. Cheers! Chuck - Owner by *********** USA Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

This is likely due to how you are sending the mail. The most effective way for me to help you fix this is a remote connection to the computer on which you are sending the mail. If you'd like this, please accept the offer I have sent, and I will send you remote instructions. Thank You.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am using Apple's Mail program for sending emails. All of them get successfully sent to all email addresses other than gmail addresses. I see this as a blocking algorithm by Google against my computer.

No, it's actually against the server you are using to send and how you are sending, which is why I would need to, in some way, take a look at your mail setup in detail.