Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I had to put a new hard drive in my satellite L55 (took it

Customer Question

I had to put a new hard drive in my satellite L55 (took it to Staples they 'repaired'). First time I shut off the computer, when I went to start it up, I get a black screen: "no bootable device, restart system". When I try F1, F2, del, I just get the same message. What can I do to get this to boot up. The computer is not recognizing the new hard drive, from what I have been reading online. I was not happy with the service at Staples and am very reluctant to take it back to them. It cost me $250 for the hard drive and service, after a long dragged out agruement with them over crappy service. HELP!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please remove the power cable then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable and start the laptop and tell me what then happens please.