Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Turn off wifi permanently to my Gateway laptop, nv77h23u,

Customer Question

turn off wifi permanently to my Gateway laptop
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: nv77h23u
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: internet connection does not always work because it sets back to WIFI andI use ethernet only
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

If you want to permanently disable the WIFI function on your laptop, please carry out the following steps:

First, press the Windows key and the R key together on your keyboard; this will bring up the RUN box.

There, type in services.msc and press ENTER.

In the Services window, scroll down to the "WLAN AutoConfig" service and right-click on it, and select Properties.

Set the Startup Type to Disabled and then STOP the service as well. This should do it.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Please reply back to me using the box below.