Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Today my favourite games became incompatible, with changes

Customer Question

Today my favourite games became incompatible, with changes made to my computer without my consent. They were; spider solitaire, chess titans, solitaire, freecell, hearts, purble place. It appears this was due to installation of an unwanted program called, "Cortana". Please restore my games, and delete " Cortana". I am not competent to do this myself, due to age.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Thank you . The make is Samsung. I believe it is windows 10. model no. S22B350H
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not Myself. Without my permission, "Cortana'' or similar name was installed about lunchtime today. Since then I have found it impossible to play games, and the whole setup is difficult. I was quite satisfied before these unwanted changes.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you very much.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Cortana is a part of windows 10 from the beginning so its not installed yesterday unless you upgraded to windows 10 yesterday,did you ?

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Also most of these games new version can be obtained from the new windows 10 store.Have you tried that ?

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

It seems like your payment for remote assistance failed could you please re-check the payment details.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

I have send you another remote support offer see if you can accept that.

Let me know.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

It seem that also failed.Are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC?

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=96cc4cd2-9de8-4fc1-945f-3f0c50e3b3f5 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We only have one PC. Please phone(###) ###-####
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Could you please click on this link to do remote support http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=96cc4cd2-9de8-4fc1-945f-3f0c50e3b3f5 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

I haven't got the access to your computer, is there any problem opening the link i gave or running the remote support tool (Elisnore Screen Connect Client)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We appreciate that you are trying to help us. We are in our late 70's and do not have the skills to assist you . Thank you. Good Bye.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

I can understand no problem.If you decide to continue later let me know.I will cancel the remote session too.

Sincerely,