GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

Trying to configue my slingbox solo to work, can you help

Customer Question

trying to configue my slingbox solo to work, can you help please.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP laptop pavilion model ze4300 with windows XP
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, I haven,t used this laptop in quiet a while and windows updated 70 updates today, I,m not sure if this laptop can do the job.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my desktop computer has windows 10 and 64 bit operating system, would this be better to use?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. It would definitely be easier to use your Windows 10 computer to setup the SOLO. I doubt that XP is compatible with it at all. Have you already connected the Slingbox to your a/v device and to your router? You'll need to do that before you complete the online portion of the setup. Here's a link to the QuickStart guide for the SOLO. It will walk you step by step through getting everything connected and configured properly. If you have any questions that aren't addressed in the QuickStart Guide, please let me know so I can continue to assist.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!