Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

I can't remember my user name or password, I had a tech here

Customer Question

I can't remember my user name or password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I had a tech here yesterday and he went thru all files to clean them. Now I can't get into my acct. I don't remember how long its been since I reset gmail but my address is***@******.***
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry I am 71 and can't remember my sign in name or password
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! Google has setup a special website at which you can validate your identity and reset your password. To start, click here:

You will be prompted for your email address, as well as for any older password ***** can remember. Barring the latter, you'll be asked to validate your identity using the cell phone listed on your account.

If you have any questions, please let me know! Also bear in mind that we do offer a remote assistance service as an option...

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 27 days ago.

Hello again! It's been a little while since we communicated, so I wanted to make sure that the issue you were having with your password ***** been resolved? Would you please take just a moment and let me know? Thanks...I look forward to hearing from you!