Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Thank you! I want to close a clean account with PayPal

Customer Question

Thank you! I want to close a clean account with PayPal because I think I have used it only twice in several years. I cannot find my password *****!
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No -- I can't reach PayPal because of the lost password, and cannot call as they request because I am severely hearing-impaired and rely on e-mail.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I made only two purchases around 2012/14. One was for Mills Rose food and the other was for an Aubusson-style silk area rug.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, how are you?

Do you remember the email address you used to login?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do not want to accept something I do not completely understand. With the best of will, I will take this to my lawyer as I do not plan to use PayPal anymore.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

We can continue talking via text if you like, what was offered to you was a secure remote session which allows me to help you cancel it directly from your computer.

Your lawyer won't be able to cancel the account without the login details.

If you are not using it and nobody else knows the login details there's really no need to close it as it expires along with your card details and cannot be used by anyone else.

In order to cancel the account though, we need to find the current password ***** the account, then proceed to cancel it through your account settings.

Does that make sense?