John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I am using an older desktop computer which uses the Windows

Customer Question

I am using an older desktop computer which uses the Windows XPSP3 operating system. I would like to make an operating system upgrade. Please let me lnow which update download will work with my present system. I'm now using the 'Mozilla Firefox' browser. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you - Roger
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Sir sorry to say that you cannot do a free download upgrade from windows XP to new windows 10 because the minimum requirement for windows 10 was windows 7 or windows 8.1 also the free upgrade ended on last July. I know most of the applications are no longer supporting windows XP

You can still purchase windows 7 or 8 or 10 and install it but before doing that let me know your system make and model so that i can check whether it meets the requirements.

If you don't mind me asking currently what are you facing that makes you to upgrade windows ?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,

Note: -If you are getting blocked by a pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer, its optional and you can close that pop up and then use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm using an older model Emachines model 3115. My problem just started about 2 weeks ago. I'm having problems logging in to a number of websites. I keep getting the message that Internet Explorer con't display the webpage.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the details.

Internet explorer no longer supports some of the website to display properly.Microsoft even is phasing out Internet explorer and going for a new web browser called Edge but its currently available on windows 10 only.

We can try to fix the issue on Internet explorer but if it fails then the only option is to use Firefox which believe you are currently using.Firefox still functions very well and better than Internet explorer.

Have you tried resetting Internet explorer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I have not tried resetting Interet Explorer. What steps are required ??
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Please do the following.

Press windows key + R key that will open run box in that type inetcpl.cpl and press enter that will open internet properties window now click on delete under browsing history>>>select everything then click delete. Now click on advanced tab >>>click on restore advanced settings then click on apply. Now click reset then another window opens in that select the option delete personal settings…. Then click on reset

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

After that check Internet explorer and please let me know the result.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there another charge to have you securely connect and make the required fix ??
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Yes secure remote assistance is a additional feature and has a charge but the secure remote software wont work on your PC so i will give you another tool see if that works.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Here is another tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://www.teamviewer.com download, install and then open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password. When you send me the id please insert space in-between the digits like 1 2 3 4 5 6

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What s the cost to have you fix my problem ??
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Since the official remote support tool is not supported and we are using third party remote support tool there is not additional charge for it other than the original question amount.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Here is the tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://www.teamviewer.com download, install and then open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password. When you send me the id please insert space in-between the digits like 1 2 3 4 5 6

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
John,
Just terminaye this sessin and also CLOSE my account.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

If you don't mind me asking could you please let me know why ?

Is there any problem using teamviewer site and installing it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
TOO much of a 'hassle' . Please terminate this session and also CLOSE my account.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

OK i will request customer service to close it.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.
I just checked my original computer purchase and found that my unit is 12 yrs. old. Time to buy a new computer !!!
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Yes its old and that is why most of the applications wont work on it and you will be ending up spending money to purchase a new windows and it wont work normally on old PC either so its better you purchase a new PC with that you will get latest windows 10 too.

Sincerely,