Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Well, nothing right now. I cannot access it. When I turn it

Customer Question

Hi, Well, nothing right now. I cannot access it. When I turn it on, I'm supposed to enter my user name and password. But I don't what they are.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Computer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I don't think I ever have. I bought the computer at end of March. I was using a PIN number , not a password. After I took it in and got it back from warranty repair, I'm back to square 1.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. They told me they installed a new motherboard though.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know now
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

If you are looking at the sign in screen, you should see SIGN IN OPTIONS and under that, there is an image with 10 dots. If you click on that icon, it will let you enter your PIN instead of a password.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, Josh. Nothing right now. I;m at a differemt computer right now. The "sign in" option you mention doesn't come up on my screen on the problem computer. I only can enter a user name and password.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a Lenovo "ideacentre 300."
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. I'm running a Windows 10 OS. I just retrieved the desktop from the seller for warranty repair. They needed to replace the motherboard. But they assured me it wouldn't affect anything else.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you mean Josh? and no, that's alt here is to know. Wait. I was already charged for this.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like the person/company that repaired your computer, setup login information if it was not there before. Are you able to reach out to that person/company again because the reset process is complicated and requires a lot of hands-on work.